Setting a table is an art. It shows your creativity, as well as your dedication to serving as a host. From linens to glassware and centerpieces, everything on the table matters. However, it is a fact that even if you have world class tableware, like the Rina Menardi flat plate, all this is useless if you do not know how to set the table.
Setting up a table can often be more complicated than it looks. So to help you out, we’ve come up with an array of ways to set things up, from formal occasions to casual dining.
Read on to find out about them, keep going!
Table setting for casual dining
- Start by placing rugs. Make sure they are contrasted with the linens to make them look good.
- Place the plates in the center of the frame and if you plan to serve salad, be sure to place them on the plate.
- Place the fork to the left of the plate and if serving salad, place the fork to the left of the fork.
- Place the knife to the right of the plate and the spoons to the right of the knife.
- Place the glass of water on top just above the knife.
- If you are serving wine, be sure to place the wine glass to the right of the water glass.
- Place the napkin on the plate or under the fork, as desired.
Table setting for formal events
- Start by arranging a crip tablecloth that goes with the environment. Then place your chic Rina Menardi flat plate right in the middle of the scenery.
- Place your salad plate just above the plate. And the bread plate above to the left of the dinner and the salad plate. You also place the butter knife horizontally on the bread plate.
- After setting up the plates, it’s time to place the cutlery. Make sure you place the fork on the left of the plate and the salad fork on the left of the fork. And then place the knife to the right of the plate while spooning to the right of the knife. You can place the dessert spoon horizontally just above the plate.
- Place the water and wine glasses in the upper right corner of the plate.
- Fold the towel. You can use napkin rings or even search the internet for ways to fold them and place them on top of the salad plate.
- Be sure to place a card on top of the dessert spoon with the guest’s name on either side so they can easily locate their seat.
- Also place the coffee cup and saucer under the glasses with the dessert dish.
Table setting for everyday dinner
- Start by setting up sheets and rugs if you are using one.
- Place the dinner plates in the center of the decor.
- Place the knife on the right and the fork on the left with a spoon on the right of the plate knife.
- Place the glass of water on the right corner of the plate just on top of the knife.
- If you want to provide napkins, you can place them either on the plate or under the fork.
Reading the article should have given you an idea of how things work and the importance of dishes in serving a host or satisfying your inner self. Now that you know its importance, get your own Rina Menardi flat plate to rock your next dinner party.
Shrey Jain is the co-founder of Writofy and a chartered accountant who works with a team of creatives content writers. He specializes in creating informative content on niches such as crypto, business, fintech, digital marketing and many more. In addition, his willingness to learn and share his knowledge can go a long way in helping readers gain valuable information on a variety of topics.